I'm sure you've all seen uv lamps, especially during the covid-19 outbreak, when the demand for uv lamps is increasing, so how do you use them correctly? Now, Tepro UV Lamps will introduce the use of UV Lamps and important notes.
(1) disinfection of the surface of articles:
1) irradiation method: it is best to use portable uv sterilizer for close range mobile irradiation, or uv lamp suspension irradiation. Small items can be put into the uv disinfection box irradiation.
2) irradiation dose and time: different types of microorganisms have different sensitivities to ultraviolet radiation, so the irradiation dose must be used to kill the target microorganisms when the ultraviolet radiation is used for disinfection.
If you want to kill normal bacteria, set your radiation dose to 10,000 constant W.s/cm2.
Kill 100, 000 bacterial spores, W.s/cm2;
The resistance of the virus to ultraviolet rays is between the bacterial propagator and the bud.
Fungal spores are more resistant to uv radiation than bacterial spores, sometimes up to 600, 000 feet. But pathogenic fungi are less resistant to uv radiation than bacterial spores.
If the target microorganism is unknown, the radiation dose should not be less than 100 000 W.s/cm2.
The irradiation dose is the product of the irradiation intensity and irradiation time of the uv lamp on the surface of the articles. Therefore, the required irradiation time can be calculated according to the irradiation intensity of the ultraviolet light source. For example, if you use a uv surface disinfector with an irradiation intensity of 70 warfighter /cm2 to illuminate the surface of an object at close range, you can use a radiation dose of 100 000 warfighter /cm2 for the following irradiation time:
100, 000 mu of baron/cm2 present 70 mu W/cm2 = 1429 s present 60 s ≌ 24 min.
(2) disinfection of indoor air:
1) indirect lighting method: the first choice is the high-intensity ultraviolet air sterilizer, which not only has reliable disinfection effect, but also can be used when someone is indoors. Generally, the disinfection can be achieved after starting up for 30min.
2) direct illumination method: under the condition of no one indoors, uv lamp can be used for direct irradiation by hanging or mobile type. When indoor suspension uv disinfection is adopted, the number of indoor uv disinfection lamps (30W uv lamp, with the intensity of > 70w /cm2 at 1.0m) installed is no less than 1.5w per m3 on average, and the irradiation time is no less than 30min.
(3) for disinfection of water and other liquids, internal or external water irradiation can be used. When internal water irradiation is used, the ultraviolet light source should be equipped with quartz glass protective cover. No matter what method is adopted, the thickness of the water layer should be less than 2cm. The water must meet the national standard after disinfection.
Precautions for using uv lamps
(1) according to appendix I sterile drugs of the 2010 edition of drug production quality management standard, uv disinfection shall not be used instead of chemical disinfection.
(2) in the process of use, should keep the surface of the uv lamp clean, generally every two weeks with alcohol cotton ball wipe once, found that the surface of the lamp has dust, oil, should be wiped at any time.
(3) when disinfecting indoor air with uv lamp, the room should be kept clean and dry to reduce dust and water mist, the temperature is lower than 20℃ or higher than 40℃, and the irradiation time should be appropriately extended when the relative humidity is more than 60%.
(4) when the surface of articles is disinfected with ultraviolet radiation, the surface should be exposed to direct ultraviolet radiation, and the radiation dose should be sufficient.
(5) the ultraviolet light source should not be irradiated to people, so as not to cause damage.
(6) the ultraviolet ray intensity meter shall be calibrated at least once a year.